Tuesday 9 June 2009

A few too many...

Normally I try to put some kind of illustration or piece of thought imagery with every post on here, but for this post I didn't have my camera with me as much as I wished now that I had. Sunday night I had a few too many drinks with some friends of mine, we were having such a good time that we totally forgot about time itself. It became clear when I opened the door to leave and return home, it was light outside and the time was roughly 4:30 a.m. I had the delight of walking home back along the promenade, and for the first time in my life I saw the sun rise from the North Shore... I can describe what I saw in 2 words, absolutely amazing. The sea glittered like little pieces of gold, even the wind farms had an eerie feel about them, portrayed in such a way I felt they were acceptable... which under any other circumstance would be difficult for me to say lightly. If you're not much of an early bird, try to experience this, just the once. Next time I will be taking my camera...

1 comment: