Monday 22 June 2009

Royal Tern Turns up for Me!

WELL after hearing the news yesterday I got my wellies on and headed down onto the North Shore beach for an hour or two, but nothing. I returned back to base for an update and heard it had recently been spotted on the West Shore, so I trekked over there, again nothing. A few disheartened twitchers packed up their equipment in disappointment, some travelling from as far a fields as England, they really should have stayed the night. Shame really, as just an hour or so ago I had just left my house to take the usual scenic walk to the office, and low and behold there it was, flying right in front of me as i'd only just stepped foot on the promenade. It was flying around the Craig-y-Don end of the promenade around 12.00 p.m. swooping down intermittently into the depths of high tide then making it's way over to the pier end out of my sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment